Friday, November 7, 2014

Liebster Blog Award




I am incredibly honored to have been nominated by Vicky at http://randomlittlefaves.com/  for the Liebster Blog Award.

Today is the first day I have ever heard of this award so I'm going to give you a little background on what it's all about. It's an award given by bloggers to other bloggers to pretty much promote each other and share the blogging love. It's a great way to be introduced to new bloggers and maybe get inspiration along the way.

Make sure to stop by and leave her some love and check out the other amazing bloggers she nominated :) I absolutely love her site and visit it daily!

The way it works is that Vicky nominated me and 9 other bloggers. She gave us each 10 questions that we need to answer here for you to read! I think it's really a great way for us to learn more about each other.

After I answer those questions, I will share 10 other bloggers that I think you would love and you need to go to their sites and check them out. I’ll give them 10 questions to answer on their blogs. Get where this is going? You'll get to meet at least 10 new people and hopefully even find someone new you connect with!!

Here are the 10 questions Vicky asked me:

1. What is your goal for blogging?

To share with everyone my love of vintage things and diy projects in hopes that I will inspire people to try new things and appreciate the older things.

2. What’s your favorite Christmas memory (or tradition)?

My husband and I go out and cut our Christmas tree down every year off my dad's land on Thanksgiving weekend.

3. Chocolate chip cookies – with or without nuts?

It honestly depends on my mood. I can go either way lol.

4. If you could travel anywhere in the world (assuming money & time were no object) where would you go and how long would you stay?

I would love to visit Croatia and Australia. I would want to stay long enough to see and experience everything each place has to offer.

5. Morning person or night person?

Definitely a night person. Everyone at work knows not to speak to me until at least 9AM once my coffee has kicked in.

6. If you could change one thing about the world today, what would it be and why?

No more violence :( It's scary to see how many killings and just plain violence is in the world.

7. Who was your biggest role model when you were a kid?

I honestly don't know if I really had a big role model when I was a kid....

8. Who was your favorite teacher and why?

My favorite teacher was my band and choir director. I didn't really have to try in those classes so I got along with him pretty well :)

9. If you could have dinner with any famous person (dead or alive) who would it be and why?

This is a hard one...there are many people who I'd want to sit down with just to pick their brains...Ansel Adams, Robin Williams, and this isn't a famous person but I'd love to sit down with my birthfather. He died shortly after I was born.

10. What’s your all time favorite book?

I don't really have an all time favorite book but right now I'm reading May Cause Miracles by Gabrielle Bernstein and it's been life changing. I highly recommend it.

Ok now it's my turn! Each one of these ladies has been a part of this amazing new journey I'm on  :) GO NOW AND CHECK THEM OUT!!!!

My nominees are:

Brooke at www.brookeashleylifestyles.wordpress.com
Christina at www.christinavanvuren.com/blog
Jennifer at www.jenngreenberg.com
Virginia at www.livelovediy.com
Christina at www.thedancegrad.com
Arica at www.varnakandlollies.com
Karen at www.glamkaren.com
Ashley at www.ashleygabrielle.com
Hannah at www.someoneelsesskinny.com
Kathy at www.thephotogshelper.com/blog


Ok ladies…if you choose to accept you will need to do the following:
  • Link back to the person that nominated you (that would be me!)
  • Answer the 10 questions I have listed below
  • Nominate 10 bloggers that have inspired you
  • Give them 10 new questions to answer
  • Notify them to let them know they’re a winner :)

 My 10 questions for my nominees are....

  1. Why do you blog?
  2. Do you love or hate rollercoasters?
  3. Do you collect anything?
  4. If you had a warning label, what would yours say?
  5. What is your favorite Christmas movie?
  6. What three things do you think of the most each day?
  7. What is your biggest fear?
  8. What is your favorite holiday?
  9. What was the last book you read?
  10. Which do you prefer, sweet or salty foods?

I look forward to seeing everyone's answers and to see the continued sharing of this award!

Have a great weekend everyone!!!

Much love,
Liz






6 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for nominating me :) This is so cool! I am a night person too haha. Luckily my job allows me to be.
    Ashley
    Ashleygabrielle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so welcome Ashley!!! I look forward to reading your answers :)
      xox Liz

      Delete
  2. Great answers, Liz! I love your Christmas tradition...that is SO cool! Australia is on my list of places I want to visit at some point (not sure if it'll ever happen though! :)). And I love your answer on ending violence...so true...so many lives are wasted or ruined because of senseless violence! Thanks for playing along, my dear! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vicky! We absolutely love spending time up there and it's turned in to a great tradition. I'm not sure Australia will ever happen for me either but a girl can always dream :) Thanks again for nominating me!!

      Delete
  3. Love it - Thanks for including me!! xoxo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so welcome Karen! Can't wait to read your answers :)

      Delete